Thursday 26 May 2011

Some fun at the expense of The Guardian

Idly skimming The Graun's website, I spotted this come on - "Help the Guardian's reporting team plot the effects of the government's public sector cuts on local communities across the UK by participating in our Cutswatch project. Send us details about the cuts in your area or submit your accounts of how the cuts have affected you".

There was not a lot showing in my neck of the woods, but the first blob I clicked on turned out to be this gem:

"The cuts made by Hammersmith & Fulham Council have had an excellent effect on me - council tax bills reduced 3% every year for 4 years and then held constant for a further year and no reduction in services I use at all - a brand new library in Shepherds Bush, improving and new schools, and rubbish still collected twice a week". 

Roy Grainger, author of this, I salute you. 


I feel I ought to do something similar, and would encourage others to do the same.  

No comments:

Post a Comment