- Five (rather than seven) bells.
- One cricket ball, but two cricket bats.
- 13 darts - although not generally in the usual set of three.
- 15 footballs - making it the most popular ball sport.
- Nine harmonicas. (Memory fails me as to which bluesman sported harps on a belt).
- 10 lightbulbs.
- Two sets of nailclippers.
- Five police helmets (child).
- One rock - no geologists on duty that day, obviously.
- 11 cans of shaving foam - ALL in July.
- Two tents, but just one sleeping bag. Maybe it was a double.
Monday, 26 September 2011
Safeguarding our parliamentarians from the menace of harmonicas, tennis balls and moth spray
Some public spirited individual has FOI'd items confiscated from public visitors to the Palace of Westminster by the boys and girls in blue, and I've 'borrowed' the story from the b3ta newsletter. The full list is here, but highlights for the first seven months of 2011 include: